Study in Australia
When and how to apply?
Applications for overseas education in Australian Universities are accepted all-round the year. Most universities accept new students in two intakes in each academic session, which usually in February and July or November, with slight variations according to a university’s academic calendar.
However, it is better to apply as early as possible because visa processes might take up takes 1 Day -12 week turnaround time. If you wish to begin your studies in Australia for February intake, you should aim to have your application completed and submitted by mid-November/late-December, depending on the institute. If you are targeting the July intake, you should complete your application by May.
Australian academic intakes:
- Foundation courses: Duration is 1 year and intake is in February (depends on the university).
- Vocational Education and Training courses: Duration is 6 Month-1year and intake are in Jan, May, June, Oct, TAFE Institutions
- Undergraduate courses: Duration is 3 years (4 years for honours degree) and intake is in Feb, July and November, (depends on the university).
- Postgraduate/Masters courses: Duration is 1-2 years and intake is in March (depends on the university) Feb, July and November.
- Doctoral degrees: Duration is 3-4 years and round the year intake as the supervisor or the project demands.